How does a Pay monthly contract work?
Here's what happens
- You sign up to a contract of usually 12, 18 or 24 months.
- You'll pay a fixed amount each month. This payment will cover:
- Your line rental - the payment made to your network for their services.
- A set number of minutes, texts and if you choose, a data bundle for using the internet.
- With some deals there'll be an up front charge towards your phone.
- You'll need to pass a credit check before you can sign up.
- If you like the idea of a set number of minutes, texts and data, but don't want to be tied to a contract and you're happy with the phone you have, a SIM only deal might be the one for you.
What are the advantages of a Pay monthly contract?
- Many of the latest phones are available on Pay monthly contracts before they're available on Pay as you go.
- You'll get a bigger allowance of texts, calls and data than you would with Pay as you go - great for big talkers, texters and internet addicts.
- Managing your money is hassle free - you don't need to top-up your credit. Payments are made by direct debit without you having to do anything, so as long as you don't go over your monthly allowances, you'll always know exactly what you're paying.
^Calls to this number may be free from a landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/ or monitored. Visit this page for opening hours.
Did this page help?