Call free 0800 049 6250

How can I see a copy of the information you hold about me?

How to access your personal file (Subject Access Request – SAR)

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) gives you the right to see personal information we hold about you. If you want copies of this information, you can provide us with a written request. Once we receive your request, along with all items as specified below, we'll get back to you within 40 days.

Please note that we are not in the position to accept any verbal requests received either at store level or via phone call.

Submitting your request by post

To submit a request by post, send a signed letter* with the following information:

  • Your full name and address
  • Your Carphone Warehouse account number (if handy)
  • Details of any specific information you require (e.g. call records, images, personal data)
  • A cheque for £10* (admin charge) made payable to The Carphone Warehouse
  • A copy of proof of identity* (e.g. a Photocopy of your passport, or driver's licence)
  • A copy of proof of address* (i.e. for example a copy of a most recent utility bill showing the same name and address as on your Carphone Warehouse account)

*Please note, these specified items are mandatory in order for us to process your request in timely manner and in line with regulatory requirements. Not providing us with the required items will lead ultimately to delays and potentially rejection to your Subject Access Request.

Please send your request, the cheque and your proof of identity and address to:

The Carphone Warehouse
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 375
SO30 2PU


  • We recommend you send your request by Recorded Delivery.
  • Please don't send original copies of important documents as we might not be able to return these safely to you.

Thanks for letting us know what you think. We read all your feedback and use it to improve our website, but we can't reply to individual queries. If you like us to respond, please use our online form.