Shop by brand
Top pay monthly deals
How does a SIM only Pay monthly deal work?
There are two types of SIM only deals - Pay monthly and Pay as you go
- The main difference between them is that a Pay monthly SIM only deal includes an allowance for calls, texts and data which you'll be billed for every 30 days. A Pay as you go SIM only deal requires you to top up with credit.
- Neither deal includes a free phone.
Pay monthly SIM only deal
- They are available as standard, micro and nano SIMs.
- You'll need to pay by direct debit and pass a credit check (more about this below) before you can sign up to a Pay monthly SIM only deal.
- You can opt for a 30 day rolling contract and end the deal at any time, as long as you give 30 days' notice.
- SIM only deals are also available on 12 month contracts.
- The SIM card can only be used in a phone that isn't 'locked' to a different network - more about locked phones.
Advantages of a Pay monthly SIM only deal
- It's cheaper than a standard Pay monthly contract
- You'll almost always pay less for the same amount of inclusive minutes and texts, or you may get a greater allowance for your money.
- It's a good plan to be on if your current contract has ended and you're not sure what to do next.
- If you don't want to commit to a longer contract straight away or you want to wait for a certain handset to become available, SIM only is great.
- Managing your money is hassle free
- You can pay by direct debit and as long as you don't go over your monthly allowances, you'll always know exactly what you're paying.
- Although there's a credit check, it has different criteria to a Pay monthly one
- So this may be a good plan for you if you've previously failed credit checks or don't want to take one.
Sounds great - how do I sign up?
- You can browse our great range of SIM only deals online.
- Find out when you're entitled to upgrade your current SIM only deal.
- To discuss your upgrade options with one of our experienced advisors, give us a call on 0870 087 0870^ or pop into any Carphone Warehouse store.
^Calls to this number may be free from a landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/ or monitored. Visit this page for opening hours.
Did this page help?