Sometimes companies contact our customers and fraudulently claim to be part of Carphone Warehouse
These companies try to sell our customers insurance that they claim is cheaper or better than our Team Knowhow and Geek Squad products. These companies have absolutely nothing to do with Carphone Warehouse.
Who are these rogue insurers?
- These companies seem to operate mainly in Swansea.
- They cold call customers, usually presenting themselves as agents or affiliates of Carphone Warehouse, O2 or Vodafone. - They usually offer an annual insurance product for £70.
- They are not registered with the FCA and do not meet FCA regulatory requirements.
- They give the impression they have records of a customer's personal details when in fact they have none. By asking the customer to confirm their details for data protection purposes they actually establish the customer's details during the phone call.
- Carphone Warehouse does not provide these organisations with any customer information.
What should I do if a rogue insurer contacts me?
We take this matter very seriously and we're doing our very best to protect all of our customers. If you get a call from someone you think is a rogue insurer:
- Ask the person calling to confirm your customer number.
- Don't give out your credit card details. At Carphone Warehouse we never ask our customers to pay for annual insurance cover by credit card over the phone.
- If you suspect a caller is not legitimate, please let us know by calling 0800 049 0221^.
^Calls to this number may be free from a landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/ or monitored. Visit this page for opening hours.