I can't make or receive calls on my mobile phone
What to do if you can't make or receive calls
- Make sure your phone is turned on and you have a strong signal:
- The signal bars (usually in the top corner on your phone's main screen) show the strength of the signal your phone is receiving. The number of bars goes up as the strength of signal increases and down if it decreases.
- Try using your phone in a different place to increase its signal strength, eg. if you're inside a building, move towards a window.
- You can check how good your network's signal is in your area using our coverage checker.
- If your phone's profile is set as Silent, Flight, or Offline you may not be able to receive calls, or hear a ringtone when a call is made. Change the profile to General or Normal and try again. You can find instructions for changing your profile in your phone's user guide
- Switch your phone off, and remove the SIM card. Now turn your phone on again without the SIM card in it. Turn off the phone, replace the SIM and try calling again
- If this doesn't work, try using a different SIM in your phone to work out whether the problem is with your handset or your SIM.
Did this page help?