Mobile Phone Repairs
Why get your mobile phone fixed by us?
Together with Geek Squad, our mobile phone repair partners, we run one of the largest and most sophisticated mobile phone repair facilities in Europe. Our 16 regional UK mobile phone repair facilities fix more than 30,000 smartphones every month and we are manufacturer accredited to repair iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones under warranty.
Phone Repair Tracker
When you bring your phone in for repair with us you can track the status of your repair online with our phone repair tracker - so you know where your device is, what we're doing with it, and how long until it is ready to collect.Phone Repair Tracker
Who are Geek Squad?
Geek Squad are the repair and support partner for Carphone Warehouse. You can find out more about the Geek Squad and their phone repairs service on their website.
Do I need to have bought my mobile phone from Carphone Warehouse?
You don't have to have purchased your mobile phone from us. We fix most makes and models of phones, on all networks, even if they weren't bought from Carphone Warehouse. If you haven't bought your phone from us, remember to bring in you receipt. The exception to this is BlackBerry, were we can only fix BlackBerry's that were purchased at Carphone Warehouse.
What types of smartphones do we repair?
We fix, repair and replace over 30,000 mobile phones every month including:
- Samsung Galaxy (Exceptions - Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 & P6810)
- Nokia Lumia
- Sony Xperia
We no longer repair Huawei smartphones
* Apple currently request that we send iPhones back to the manufacturer for repair - however we will exchange your phone for a refurbished unit if it is within the warranty period.
**BlackBerry request that we send BlackBerry handsets back to them for all repairs under warranty and may take up to 28 days. Please note we are only able to process BlackBerry phones that are bought from Carphone Warehouse.
What kind of repairs can we do?
We can carry out all types of repairs including:
- Warranty defects affecting the handsets performance
- Cracked screens
- Broken casings
- Software fixes and upgrades
- Battery replacements
- Non working buttons
- Broken inputs
What more do you need to know about our mobile phone repair service?
- We offer no obligation free quotes for phone repairs and servicing.
- We are manufacturer accredited to repair phones both inside and outside of warranty.
- Any repaired or replaced phone still carries the balance of the manufacturer's warranty.
- We offer a 90 day warranty on all repairs outside of warranty.
- We repair or replace phones within manufacturer's warranty for free - no matter where you bought the phone from.** (Please note that you'll be charged for faults that aren't covered by the warranty)
- We are a certified repair service - meaning that phone manufacturers have recognised the quality of our repair service and support this by supplying the genuine parts, tools and software we use to carry out repairs.
- Our phone repairs are accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- We test all repairs to manufacturer standards to ensure they are to the highest standard.
* Please note we are only able to process BlackBerry phones that are bought from Carphone Warehouse.
How do I get a quote and repair?
You can drop into any Carphone Warehouse store to get a quote for a repair. It is good to remember that we have two types of repair service:
Geek Squad Tech Hub express mobile phone repair service: You can drop your phone off to one of 14 Tech Hubs. Our Tech Hubs have sophisticated onsite repair facilities, and providing the parts that we need are in stock, we aim to have your phone back into your hands within 48 hours, and in many cases we can get the phone back to you on the same day.
You can find out more about our Geek Squad Mobile Phone Repair Tech Hubs by visiting our repair partners Tech Hub pages:
- Oxford Street (London)
- Stratford (London)
Standard repair service: Drop your phone off to any of our 800 Carphone Warehouse stores and we will send your phone away to get repaired at our central repairs facility. Our standard repair service aims to have your phone back in your hands between 7 and 14 working days.
How much do repairs cost?
You can bring your mobile phone in for a no obligation free quote. As a guide
- Manufacturer fault repairs are free if your device is within the manufacturer's warranty period, even if you didn't buy it from Carphone Warehouse - but please remember to bring proof of purchase!
- Faults not covered by the warranty (including liquid and physical damage repairs) cost between £29.99 and £169.99 depending on the type of phone you have.
- If you have Geek Squad or Lifeline insurance the cost of repair depends on your policy.
- Resetting smartphone security codes costs £9.99.
When will my repair take longer than usual?
While we can carry out most repairs within our specified timescales, sometimes we are unable to do so. Instances when this can happen include:
- If the part we require is not in stock and/or we are unable to source the part from the manufacturer quickly.
- If we need to send your product back to the manufacturer for whatever reason it can take up to 28 days until it's ready to collect. We aren't responsible for the time the manufacturer takes to repair a product although we will be progressing this on your behalf.
What does the repair process look like?
Find out more about our mobile phone repairs process.
Did this page help?