Keep your number
Do I need a PAC?
I'm moving from one network to another
You'll need to get a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) by contacting your network.
I'm staying on the same network
- If you're upgrading from one Pay monthly contract to another, your number will automatically transferred when we upgrade you - you don't need to do anything except upgrade!
- If you're upgrading from Pay as you go to Pay monthly you'll need to get a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) from your network. As you aren't tied to a contract you can upgrade from Pay as you go to Pay monthly whenever you like.
- If you're upgrading from one Pay as you go phone to another you don't need a PAC - you just need to switch your SIM card from your old phone to your new one.
How do I get a PAC?
Call your current network and ask for a PAC
- They must give you one (or tell you why they can't) within two working days.
- It's free once you've paid any outstanding bills and disconnection fees.
- You must get a PAC before you disconnect your old phone. If you disconnect without getting a PAC, you won't be able to keep your old number.
When do I need to tell you my PAC?
Depending on your network, you need to either give us your PAC when you buy, or call your new network to tell them your PAC after you've been connected.
My new network is
What do I need to do?
Tell us your PAC when you buy your phone (if you're ordering online, there's a box in the shopping basket where you can enter your PAC). If you don't have your PAC when you buy your phone, follow the instructions below:
How long will it take to transfer my number?
If you give your PAC to us
- In store or over the phone - we'll transfer your number within two working days of your new phone being connected.
- When you buy online or over the phone - we'll transfer your number within two working days of your new phone being connected.
When buying online or over the phone please make sure your PAC has five days before it expires to cover for possible delivery delays etc
If you give your PAC to your network
The amount of time it takes to transfer your number varies from network to network. Ask for more info when you give them your PAC.
^Calls to this number may be free from a landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/ or monitored. Visit this page for opening hours.
Did this page help?