Shop by brand
Top pay monthly deals
Online Community terms and conditions
CPW Online Community Terms & Conditions
Before you can view and contribute to discussions on CPWOC you will need to set up a user name, password, accept these Terms and provide us with a valid email address as a point of contact.
If you are under the age of 18 please ensure that you have obtained consent from your parent or guardian to use the CPWOC and that your parent or guardian has helped you review these Terms.
Your username must not include any mention of the words CPW, Carphone, Carphone Warehouse, Best Buy, Geek Squad or Phone House or any derivatives thereof. You may also not in any way, via your username or otherwise, seek to impersonate any of our employees or any of our group companies’ employees. You are responsible for the content or actions associated with your username.
From time to time we may allow you to upload a picture, photograph or some other image as part of your CPWOC profile (“Profile Picture”). Please note that we may delete all or part of your Profile Picture at any time and without notice to you without liability. You are advised to always keep a back-up copy of your Profile Picture.
Your Use of the CPW Online Community
CPWOC provides an area for you to discuss your mobile device and related services, as well as off topic matters in the relevant forum section. As the CPWOC team is unable to view your CPW account details, CPWOC is not suitable for specific CPW account questions. Should you require help or have specific queries or comments concerning your CPW account please contact our customer services. To find out how to get in touch, visit www.carphonewarehouse.com/contactus
You are responsible at all times for your username, Profile Picture and the information and other content (together the “Content”) you post on CPWOC. You warrant that you own all the intellectual property rights in and have all necessary permissions to post your Content. You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide licence to reproduce, transfer, license, modify, adapt and/or publish any Content posted by you on CPWOC.
You view, read, upload and post Content on CPWOC entirely at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for and do not actively control, monitor or endorse, any Content from you or any other members of the public which is uploaded to or published on CPWOC. Any Content, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those uploading the Content and do not necessarily represent our views.
Although we do not generally (and are not required to) monitor or edit the ways in which you or others use CPWOC including the content which is placed on it. However, we reserve the right to condense, edit, bar or remove any Content, in whole or in part, on CPWOC at any time as we believe, in our sole discretion, to be necessary in order to, amongst other things:
- prevent any breach or continued breach of these Terms or any applicable laws and/or regulations;
- remove any inappropriate “off-topic” posts made by you at any time;
- reduce or remove threads where there are existing threads of the same or similar content subject matter;
- point users to a thread enabling the user to subscribe to updates related to the content (whether such updates are available or may be available in the future);
- remove posts that do not add value to the content subject matter in question; or
- remove posts that contain Content relating to a specific query over your account with us.
Although we may periodically remove out-dated Content on CPWOC, we will do our best at all times to ensure that information provided by the CPWOC team is correct at the time it was published. You are advised to always check the date of the thread and its content and continuously check CPWOC for any updates that may be available concerning the content subject matter.
What you must not do
You may not use CPWOC to:
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services without our express prior written approval;
- distribute, receive, access or transmit any Content which is obscene, pornographic, threatening, racist, sexist, inappropriate, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence or privacy, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or otherwise unlawful or would reasonably be deemed objectionable;
- distribute electronic Content (including viruses) which shall cause or are likely to cause detriment or harm, in any degree, to computer systems or post information, URLs, or links to websites or servers that may contain such content.
- make excessive traffic demands, deliver or forward chain letters, "junk mail" or "spam" of any kind, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any other behaviour intended to restrict or inhibit other users from using and enjoying CPWOC or which is otherwise likely to damage or destroy our reputation or the reputation of any third party;
- post duplicate threads. If a thread already exists that relates to the same Content, you must use that thread; and
- post Content relating to your account with us.
If at any time you feel threatened by another member of CPWOC, believe their use or posting is in breach of these Terms or if you’ve received a message that makes you feel uncomfortable through the use of CPWOC, it’s important for you to report this to us. We take this type of activity seriously and will make every effort to deal with all instances that are reported to us.
To report any kind of abuse, please use the “Report Abuse” tool on CPWOC.
Keeping your information private
Do not post any personal information including, without limitation, your CPW account information on CPWOC. .
We reserve the right to edit, modify, suspend, terminate or remove CPWOC, including its contents (which may include your Content) at any time, without notice to you and for any reason. This may include without limitation terminating your access to CPWOC following any breach of any of these Terms by you. We will not provide you with a copy of any Content that you may have uploaded onto CPWOC and you are reminded to ensure that you have (where permitted) a copy of the Content saved elsewhere.
We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time and any revised terms shall become effective 30 days after being posted on CPWOC. By continuing to use CPWOC you will be deemed to have accepted the revised terms and you should check back periodically to ensure that you have read the most current version.
Did this page help?