Trade-in Terms & Conditions
- The trade-in services are operated for and on behalf of Dixons Carphone PLC by West One Technology Limited (registered no 3608228), 153 Brooker Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1JH ('West One').
- You confirm that you consent to Dixons Carphone PLC passing your information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, Device make/model/IMEI/network) to West One to allow them to process your trade in and contact you and the network in relation to the trade in and unlocking of the Device only.
- You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Conditions") when you provide us with the device you wish to trade in (the "Device") by either handing us the Device if you trade in in-store, or sending the Device to us if you trade in online or over the telephone. Before providing us with the Device, if you have any questions relating to these Conditions please contact us via our website at www.carphonewarehouse.com or by calling us on 0870 087 0168.
- You confirm that you are either the owner of the Device or you have obtained express permission from the rightful owner to trade in the Device.
- The Device must not be stolen or listed with us or a third party as stolen. We will check the Device with CheckMEND, from the suppliers of IMMOBILISE as used by UK Police forces to trace stolen and missing property. If the Device fails any due diligence check we may notify the relevant police authority and we may pass the Device and your details to them and the Quoted Value will not be paid to you.
- The Device must not have been purchased from Dixons Carphone PLC within the 30 days prior to trade in.
- The quoted Device trade in value ('Quoted Value') will be determined by us or a third party on our behalf based on the make and model of the Device.
- If the Device contains a SIM card, you must remove this along with any accessories prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any consequences of you not removing the SIM card or accessories, including any payments associated with the Device or the SIM card.
- Data stored on the Device that you wish to retain must be saved elsewhere and you must remove any memory card and/ or all data that has been put onto the Device prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any damage, loss or erasure of any such data or for any consequences of you not removing your data or memory card, including use or disclosure of such data.
- We may deem the Device to be a Working Device or a Non-Working Device, where a:
'Working Device' means all features of the Device are in good working order and condition, there is no physical damage or evidence of liquid damage, its battery is included and be able to charge and power up, not be subject to any previously agreed trade in arrangement and in the case of Apple products, any iCloud accounts must be deleted from the Device prior to trade in; and
'Non-Working Device' means a Device that is not fully functional (e.g. does not power up, has a damaged screen, case or buttons, or has water damage) but includes a battery, is not crushed or bent, has no missing components and is not subject to any previously agreed trade-in arrangement,
and for either the Working Device or Non-Working Device:
- For trade ins in-store only:
- we will pay the Quoted Value onto your debit card where available within 3 working days; or
- the value can be used to create a Trade-in credit note against the customer's lead; or
- the value can be used as part or full payment for other products. When the Trade-in value exceeds the cost of the purchased product(s), any remaining value can be refunded onto a debit card or used to create a Trade-in credit note.
- Once you have traded in the Device, it will not be returned to you under any circumstances.
- For trade ins online and by telephone only,
- following you accepting to trade in, we will send you a pre-paid addressed padded envelope (the "Envelope") within 3 working days. We will only accept the Device if it is returned to us in this Envelope. We will not be liable for loss of your Device before we receive it;
- in order to honour the Quoted Value we must receive the Device within 14 calendar days of you accepting to trade in; and
- provided the Device received is as advised by you and has been received within the 14 calendar days in the Envelope, we will send you a cheque within 7 working days or make a transfer via BACS for the Quoted Value within 3 working days of receipt of the Device.
- If the Device received does not completely match the description and detail as advised by you or we have not received it within the 14 calendar days, we will contact you to give you the option either to have the Device returned to you at our cost, in which case no value will be paid to you, or proceed with the trade in at a new value advised to you. If you do not respond to this contact as advised therein within 7 working days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer and proceed with payment accordingly. Should you wish to make a complaint about the trade-in service, you may do so in the following way:
- by calling 0345 413 9000
- in writing addressed to Customer Relations, West One Technology, 153 Brooker Road, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1JH
- Both parties aggregate liability in relation to these Conditions (whether in contract or for negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever and whether to any entrant or otherwise) for any loss or damage shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed £250 for any one incident or series of related incidents.
- Dixons Carphone PLC reserves the right to withdraw or to change the terms of this offer at any time. Changes will be published on our website at www.carphonewarehouse.com/help.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- These Conditions are governed by English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Conditions.
- Each clause of these Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
- Calls to our telephone numbers should be charged at local rates but may vary from some providers and mobile phones. Calls may be monitored and/ or recorded.
- 'CPW' means The Carphone Warehouse Limited (registered no. 2142673), 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS VAT Number 927 2265 40
- 'We/ us/ our' means Dixons Carphone PLC and/or West One.
For promotional Trade-Ins only, depending upon when you bought your new phone, the promotional offer you will receive may vary. The following table will help you to understand which offer you will be entitled to:
|02/07/14 to 05/08/14||Get an extra £50 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Samsung Galaxy S4|
|02/07/14 to 31/08/14||Get an extra £25 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Samsung Fame, Nokia 630, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Sony Xperia M2|
|09/07/14 to 31/08/14||Get an extra £25 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Nokia 635|
|31/07/14 to 31/08/14||Get an extra £25 when you trade-in your old smartphone||HTC Desire 610, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, Nokia 520, Huawei Ascend G6, Huawei Ascend Y300|
|02/07/14 to 14/08/14||Get an extra £50 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, HTC One Mini 2, Sony Xperia Z1|
|02/07/14 to 14/08/14||Get an extra £50 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Sony Xperia Z1 Compact|
|02/07/14 to 14/08/14||Get an extra £100 when you trade-in your old smartphone||LG G3, Samsung Galaxy K-Zoom, Sony Xperia Z2|
|17/07/14 to 31/08/14||Get an extra £100 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Nokia 930|
|01/08/14 to 14/08/14||Get an extra £100 when you trade-in your old smartphone||HTC One M8|
|15/08/2014 to 10/09/14||Get an extra £100 when you trade-in your old smartphone||S5 Mini, Sony T3, Huawei P7|
|08/08/14 to 11/09/14||Get a minimum of £100 for your working iPhone 4/4s/5||iPhone 5s|
|15/08/14 to 11/09/14||Get a minimum of £100 for your working Samsung Galaxy S3||iPhone 5s|
|18/8/14 to 10/09/14||Get an extra £25 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Moto 3G, Nokia 530|
|19/09/14 to 30/11/14||Get an extra £25 when you trade-in your old smartphone||Nokia 530, Nokia 630, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Fame|
|03/10/14 to 16/10/14||Get an extra £50 when you trade-in your old smartphone (Exclusive for Samsung Experience Stores Only)||Samsung Galaxy Alpha|
Sales within Retail - Buy the promotional product on a consumer pay monthly connection (new or upgrade) and we will give you the promotional amount advertised at point of sale when you trade-in a relevant phone. Trade-in and connection must take place in the same transaction to qualify. Traded-in phone must be a mobile phone used on the UK network within the last 10 years.
Smartphone is defined as a phone with an operating system running iOS, Android, Blackberry OS or Windows.
Online and Direct channels - If you have bought a promotional product on a consumer pay monthly connection (new or upgrade) you will need to go to www.carphonewarehouse.com/tradeinpromo to enter your new handset IMEI once it has been delivered. We will pay you the promotional amount advertised at point of sale for your trade-in value once we have received and evaluated your phone.
Exclusions - Customers who have taken a cashback, web-exclusive or pre-order incentive are excluded from this offer. Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Business connections are excluded from this promotion. Excludes SIM-free handsets, PAYG, business and any 'gift-with-purchase' offers
We reserve the right to withdraw this promotion or change these terms and conditions at any time
Maximum of 1 trade-in per connected promotional product.
Trade-in value will be calculated at the time of the trade-in.
Promotional value will be automatically calculated
For online transactions, the handset must arrive within 14 days after the end of the offer to be eligible for this offer.
As per standard trade-ins terms and conditions
Traded-in phone must be a mobile phone used on the UK network within the last 10 years
Trade-In call centre opening hours are 9am-7pm Monday-Friday, 10-6pm Saturday and 10-5pm on Sunday. Calls to this number cost a maximum of 24p/min with a 15p call set up fee when made from a BT landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/ or monitored.
For Trade-Ins Promise only, the following table will help you to understand the offer you are entitled to:
|Dates||Trade-In Promise Offer||Handset Purchased|
|05/09/14 to 30/09/14||If you find a higher published trade in price for your Working Smartphone with a Competitor we'll beat it by £1 and give you and extra £20 to spend in store, when you take out a Contract at Carphone Warehouse In-Store||Any postpay connection outside of any other offers.|
If you find a higher published trade in price for your Working Smartphone with a Competitor we'll beat it by £1 and give you an Extra £20 to spend in store, if you take out a Contract at Carphone Warehouse In-Store. Trade-in value will be calculated at the time of the trade-in and you must provide Proof of Comparison. Maximum of 1 trade-in per Contract. Cannot be used in conjunction with other deals, including cash back, pre-order incentives, other trade-in promos or personalised variations offered directly to individual customers. Subject to eligibility and credit check for the purposes of the Contract. We reserve the right to withdraw this Trade-In Promise or change these terms and conditions at any time. If all of the above criteria have been met and you feel that you have found a better price please call 0345 4139000.
Means Mazuma, Envirofone, O2, EE and Vodafone on their direct trading sites only - i.e. not affiliates or comparison sites
Means a new 24 month consumer postpay contract or upgrade (excludes SIM-free handsets, PAYG, business connections and any 'gift-with-purchase' offers)
Will be added to the value of the trade-in to be spent in a Carphone Warehouse store.
Means Carphone Warehouse retail stores only and does not apply to other channels e.g. online.
Proof of Comparison:
Means official written proof of the higher price e.g. a printed advertisement or published online deal.
Means a mobile phone (i) used on a UK network within the last 10 years; (ii) with an operating system running iOS, Android, Blackberry OS or Windows; and (iii) is in good working order and can be turned on and off (fair wear and tear accepted).
Did this page help?